Now a day people are very conscious about their time and they click on a particular ad only when they are convinced that ad is of real value. However there are number of proven ways to improve CTR (click-through-rate). Few good recommendations are listed below.
- Topic of the website matters a lot. Traffic may be generated if topic is interesting but higher value clicks depend on niche of the website.
- Your site should be loaded with appropriate keywords related to your niche. Good density (about 5-10 %) helps to display appropriate content matching ads in the website/blog. Chances of the clicks are higher if appropriate ads are displayed.
- Ads should be properly merged with the contents. Its background color, font size, hyperlink color etc should match with the content.
- The ads and pictures should be avoided at the beginning of the page. It annoys the people who may ignore your site.
- Quality content of the website is very important. It drives the organic traffic from search engines and people stay longer on such websites.
- Too many links and pictures should be avoided. Also, layout of the website should be soothing to the eyes.
- Combination of contextual and image ads are beneficial.
- Combination of ads from different programs is better many times.
- Title of the article and first paragraph should be written well to entice visitor to continue reading.
- Work for SEO ((search engine optimization). It is the various ways to improve your search engine ranking.
- Use social bookmarking sites like Digg, Reditt, Stumbleupon or Facebook to spread links of your web contents.
- Submit your site periodically to major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
- Use search engines and chat rooms to popularize your website and web contents.
Source: Article first published in Blogger’s Magazine.